Those with Programmer access can add Youtube videos on the Whiteboard as a Whiteboard component.
These video components will play directly on the Whiteboard page in the SugarWOD app.
Note: YouTube is the only video type supported currently. The video/channel has to be publicly accessible, but the video does not have to be listed.
Creating a Whiteboard Video Component
- Log in to your gym account via the web app: https://app.sugarwod.com/login
- Navigate to your Programming Calendar and click on the blue plus sign to open up the Programming Library
- At the bottom of the library, select Media Component
- You will now be able to create your Media Component
- Video URL: Copy/paste the YouTube video URL or video ID. Hit TAB on your keyboard or click the Cloud icon to the right of the URL. This will auto-fill the video information in the component box
- Name & Description: The video name and description from YouTube will be pulled in here automatically, but you may edit this information as desired.
- Once you have the URL, Name, and Description, select the icon above the URL to drag the component to the Programming Calendar
- Additionally, you can edit the URL, Name, and Description if needed by clicking the Edit icon (pencil) on the video component
The video components will display on the Whiteboard like other workout components.
- Video components will not show up on BoxTV
- You can not edit the video component from the mobile app. All changes must be done from the web app