*Custom Barbells is currently in beta. If you want access to this, please email us at email@example.com
Want to create and program a Barbell Complex which isn't in our Movement Library? Looking to create Dumbell or Kettlebell complexes or movements and tracks PRs for those? Now you can.
NOTE: Do NOT create a complex for any movement that already exists in our Programming Library. By doing so you will mess up PR tracking.
What can you use this feature for?
- Make your own lifts which are missing from our Programming Library
- Lift Variations (i.e. banded lifts, deficit lifts, temp, etc.)
- Barbell Complexes (or compound lifts)
Create a Custom Barbell Complex
- Log in to your Gym Account:
- Navigate to the new Gym Barbell Lifts page from the Workout Dropdown menu
- From this page, you will be able to create your new Barbell Complex or Lift Variations
- Under the Barbell Lifts list click on the Add New Barbell Lift button
- This will allow you to fill out the fields in the Barbell Lift component
- Once you have the following fields filled out, be sure to click Save New Barbell Lift
- Name: Name your complex or lift variation
- Description: Enter the movements in the complex or describe the lift variation
- Movements: You can choose to include movements, or you can remove linked movements
Active vs. Retired
You will be able to make your Custom Barbell Complex's Active or Retired. Please note that a complex needs to be active in order to be programmed.
- You will be able to toggle between active and inactive status by selecting the Complex from the list on the lefthand side of your screen and then selecting the desired status
Programming a Custom Barbell Complex
Once you have your Custom Barbell Complex created and active, you will be able to program this on your Programming Calendar!
- Navigate back to your Programming Calendar
- Click on the blue plus sign to open up the Programing Library
- Select Barbell Lifts and scroll down to the bottom. All of the complexes that you have created (and are active) will show up here
- Once you have your complex selected you will be able to set the reps/sets like you would any other barbell lift
- NOTE: you can not change the "type" of scoring for this, it will always be "load"
- Once you have your reps and sets completed, drag the workout to your Programming Calendar
Things to Note:
- Custom complexes will not show up in the Barbell PR area in your mobile app for your athletes to perform on their own
- You can use this feature to program things with Dumbells or KBs as well!