There is not currently a way to send customized emails to your subscribers via SugarWOD, but you can set up a simple integration with Zapier to send out custom emails for a variety of different scenarios!
We suggest using MailChimp for this, as Zapier works well with MailChimp.
Create a Zapier Account
- Go to https://zapier.com/home and create a free account
- Once you have an account created, you can create your first "zap"
Create a Mail Provider Account (MailChimp Shown)
- Go to https://mailchimp.com/ and create a free account (plans might depend on the number of customers that you have)
- Once you have an account created, you will be able to go back to Zapier and create your first "zap"
Create a Campaign in MailChimp
- Please note that you will need to have a campaign in MailChimp created first in order to set up a successful Zap
Creating a Zap
- Choose the Zap that you would like to start building out! In this example, we will be sending a campaign from MailChimp when a new customer is created in Stripe. This would be a great Zap to use if you wanted to send a custom welcome email.
- Once you have the settings above, hit "Use Zap" to continue the setup
- Link your Stripe account. If you are not signed in to your Stripe account yet, it will prompt you to do so in this step
- Once you have your Stripe account selected, hit "Continue"
- The next step will ask you to test your Stripe account to see if you have customers. If you don't have any current customers in your Stripe account (new account) then you can select to "skip this test"
- Link your MailChimp account. If you are not signed in to your MailChimp account yet, it will prompt you to do so
- Once you hit continue, you will then select the mail campaign that you would like to use
- When the correct email campaign is selected you will be able to continue
- You will be able to test this next step, or you can choose to skip the test as well
- Once you have completed all the steps, you are ready to turn your Zap on!
- You will be able to create more Zaps for other instances as well, and you will be able to turn them on/off at any time from the home screen of Zapier