BoxTV is a system for gyms to use to enhance the workout experience by setting expectations with athletes for the workout and to reinforce the importance of logging workouts. Using one or more TV screens in your gym you can provide valuable information to your athletes each day!
Many gyms use BoxTV as a virtual Whiteboard to show their athletes the Workout of the Day, Warm-Up, Cool Down, Accessory Work, etc. There are a lot of ways you can utilize BoxTV to suite your needs!
To set up your Virtual Whiteboard
- Visit your Publishing Settings page for BoxTV here to configure your BoxTV URL
- Adjust the content and appearance you'd like to show on your TV or monitor. When using BoxTV as a virtual Whiteboard only (not the live scoreboard option), you only need to adjust the:
- Tracks: What Workout Tracks you'd like to display
- Color Scheme and Accent Color: Match the colors of your gym!
- Select the Open This BoxTV URL Now button at the bottom of the page
Your new BoxTV webpage will open in a separate Web Browser window. When this page is initially launched, it shows the Scoreboard view by default. To bring up the Whiteboard view, select the "Toggle Workout Screen" button at the bottom, middle of the page.
On the Whiteboard page view, use the tools located in the bottom left and top right corners to adjust your Whiteboard page to your preference.
- Change Contrast: You can choose to display your Whiteboard with a white or black background
- Add Column: You can have up to three columns displayed. Each column will have it's own editing tools so you can scroll to another workout, center text and zoom in or out
- Toggle Full Screen: You can choose to have a header on your Virtual Whiteboard or not by using the "toggle full screen" button
- Scroll to Next Workout: This will allow you to scroll through the workout components that you have on your Programming Calendar. If you have multiple tracks selected to display, you will be able to pick from those workout components as well
- Text Alignment: The workout text can be left-justified or centered
- Zoom: Zoom in or out on the workout text
- Add Row: If you want to display your workout components stacked on top of each other instead of next to each other, you will add a row
There are a lot of different ways you can configure your Virtual Whiteboard to best meet your gyms' needs! Once you have your Virtual Whiteboard configured, be sure to bookmark that URL! For more instructions on how to launch your BoxTV each day check out our FAQ: How do I open BoxTV each day in my gym?