A One Rep Max (RM) day can be programmed two ways in the SugarWOD app, depending on how you would like your athletes to complete the workout.
Say the athletes have 20 minutes to establish 1RM.
- Program “Barbell 1x1” from the workout library under the barbell benchmarks
- Drag the workout over to the day you would like this to be programmed
- Edit the workout title to “20 Min to Establish 1RM” and add whatever notes you would like to include in the description
- Your scoring component will be a 1x1 Barbell for Load
- Athletes will log their heaviest successful lift for the day and they can log each attempt in their notes. This will track their score over time for this specific movement
- Use the preloaded “Barbell 7x1 or 5x1” or however many number of attempts you would like your athletes to have to work towards their heaviest single.
- With this method, the athletes would record each lift having the ability to note if it were a “good” or a “miss” lift
Both of these barbell workouts are acceptable for a 1 RM as they provide the athletes with the ability track their progress, PRs and add their own notes (i.e. “off day”, “feeling great!” etc...)