When you choose to promote a benchmark from a custom workout or chain of workouts:
- SugarWOD creates the Gym benchmark for you. You do not need to visit your Gym Benchmarks page to do this.
- Every time you have programmed this workout previously, this chain will be linked back to that gym benchmark
- For every athlete who has ever logged a score for this workout, we will calculate their PR for this new benchmark
To create a Gym Benchmark from a custom workout:
1. Visit the programming calendar and find the custom workout you wish to promote. This can be done by scrolling through past workouts or searching in the workout history search bar. The workout will need to be on the calendar, so if you locate it via search you will need to drag it to the calendar.
2. Click or select to view the workout detail
3. Review the workout definition and make sure what is listed is what you want your benchmark to look like. Note: If there are multiple workouts linked, and if you have slightly changed details in each, the one you have selected is the workout that will be shown in the Gym Benchmark description and title. There will be an option to un-link any workouts from the linked history if needed which can only be done prior to promoting the workout. After promoting to a benchmark, no workouts can be unlinked.
4. Visit the History tab for this workout
- Verify that the workouts in the history are the ones you are wanting to promote to a benchmark. If there is a workout in the list that does not match the benchmark you are wanting to create, remove it by selecting the "un-link" button under actions.
5. Click on the Promote Custom Workout to Gym Benchmark button and confirm
Once the custom workout has been promoted as a Gym Benchmark, it is automatically added to your Gym Benchmarks page here, and will appear in your workout library on your Calendar page.