To create a Trial Period for your Product:
- Navigate to your Stripe dashboard
- Go to Billing > Products
- Select the Product you want to set up a trial on
- Under Pricing Plans, click the 3 dots ' ... ' on the right of the pricing plan
- In the Pricing Plan editor, add the number of days you would like the trial to last for under 'Trial Period'
Users will see the trial called out wherever they see your pricing plan:
Product Page (customer view):
Checkout Page (customer view):
In checkout, for each plan, we will show the trial days and the first payment date:
Trial Messaging (*NEW- Strongly Recommended)
Messaging to your customers about the trial period is up to you, but we strongly recommend that you turn on "Customer Emails", provide a link in "Business Information" and turn on "Statement Descriptor" so that you are as transparent as possible with your customers.
For more in-depth information around this, check out our video here.
Links for cancelation policy (to be used in the Business Information area):
- Individual- https://app.sugarwod.com/athletes/account#marketplace
- Gym- https://app.sugarwod.com/affiliate/customer#marketplace
How do trials work?
When a user starts a trial, they will show as 'Trialing' on your customer page. They will not be charged until their trial is over, at which point a subscription will be created and billing will recur on that creation date.
If a user cancels prior to the end of the trial, they will have access to your programming through their trial and then will automatically be removed from the gym on their trial end date.
For example, a customer signs up on day 1, enters credit card information and is created in Stripe. The customer has access for 7 days. The customer cancels on Day 5, there is no payment and customer continues to have access until Day 7. On Day 7, they are automatically removed from your gym.