Configuring your Stripe setup correctly will ensure you minimize your customer loss. We recommend using Stripes 'Smart Retries' default settings, which will attempt to collect payment from your customer 4 times in a 3 week period after which, it will cancel the subscription. We also recommend turning on emails for failed payments and expiring cards.
- Go to: https://dashboard.stripe.com/dashboard > Settings > Billing Settings, or straight to https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/recurring
- Ensure 'Smart Retries' is selected with '3 weeks' and 'cancel the subscription' as the field values
- Ensure 'Failed payments' and 'Expiring cards' are checked.
- If you sell individual subscriptions ensure the 'URL to update card' is set to https://app.sugarwod.com/athletes/account#payment
- If you sell class subscriptions ensure the 'URL to update card' is set to https://app.sugarwod.com/affiliate/customer#sugarwod
- If you sell both types of programs, pick the url based on the type you expect to have more subscriptions.
- Your screen should look like the below when you are finished setup.