Every product that you offer through the SugarWOD Marketplace needs a corresponding Stripe Plan. Once a plan is created, go to your SugarWOD product page to link this Stripe Plan to your product. You can link your Stripe Plans to your SugarWOD Products here.
To add a new Subscription Plan/Product:
1. Login to your Stripe account: https://dashboard.stripe.com/
2. On your Stripe Dashboard, select Billing and then Products.
3. Click the New button at the top right
4. Fill out the appropriate fields and click Create product
- Product name- This will appear on customers' receipts and invoices so should align with the naming of the product in the marketplace.
- Unit label- You can leave this field blank.
- Statement descriptor- This is what will appear on your customers' bank statements so should include both the company name and the product name.
5. Create a Plan nickname and ID
- "ID"- This field is important for connecting your SugarWOD account to your Stripe account. We recommend you make your IDs all lowercase and use dashes instead of spaces. For example, 'general-athlete-program".
- Name- This name will be displayed on your Stripe Dashboard
6. Define the pricing for your product
- Recurring quantity vs. Metered usage- Leave selected as "Recurring quantity".
- Currency- Leave as "USD - US Dollar".
- Pricing Tiers- Leave as "No".
- Price per unit- Enter the price to be charged to the customer on a monthly basis - this should be consistent with the price that is displayed as part of the Product setup in SugarWOD.
- Billing interval- Leave as Monthly. SugarWOD Marketplace only supports monthly Stripe plans at this time.
- Trial period- You do not have to fill in the trial period field. You can choose the number of trial days your potential customers may receive through your Product Marketplace settings in SugarWOD here.